The Maritime Museum of BC opened in 1955 as a naval museum located on Signal Hill just outside the gates of the HMC Dockyard in Esquimalt. By 1965, the Museum had outgrown the original location and found a new home in the former Supreme Court building in Bastion Square − the oldest surviving courthouse in the province. In 2014, the Museum got news from the Government of British Columbia that the provincially-owned historic courthouse was in need of major repairs that require the building to be empty. The Museum has since relocated to a new public storefront location at 634 Humboldt St., where we have our exhibits, public research space, and a gift shop. The majority of our collections are now stored off-site but are still accessible through our research request program.